Happy Birthday to TopBlip.com :)
It was one year ago that we first did our soft launch of the website that has now been viewed millions of times and is in nearly 200 countries worldwide.
What a year it’s been! Here’s a quick recap:
- June 30, 2010: a simple email with a link was sent to friends and family to check out www.TopBlip.com
- More than 20,000 pageviews from 39 countries in first month. More than 384,000 pageviews from 136 countries in third month (Sept. 2010, minor marketing efforts began)
- More than 1,250 videos uploaded in first 12 weeks (more than 100 videos/week)
- 667,019 pageviews during first ever TopBlip Tournament (3 weeks: Sept. 20 - Oct. 12, 2010)
- Nov. 2010: Introduced Public Profiles and commenting on videos and profiles. Cash prize doubled to $5,000
- Dec. 2010: Skullcandy and ZAGG brought on board as official sponsors of TopBlip
- 1,015,263 pageviews during TopBlip Tournament II (4 days shorter than TB I — Jan. 11-28, 2011)
- Feb. 2011: Introduction of Facebook app
- March 2011: Accepted first round of outside investment from 3 private investors and doubled cash prize for Major Tournament to $10,000
- March 28, 2011: First ever TopBlip Quick Tournament
- April 2011: Signed contract with America’s largest stadium firework show, Stadium of Fire, putting 3 TopBlip Artists on a stage in front of 50,000+ fans—one of them taking home $10,000!
- May 2011: Accepted 2nd round of private investment
- June 2011: Surpassed 10,000 registered TopBlip profiles and more than 500,000 visits and 3,000,000 pageviews from 187 countries
There’s been plenty more along the way and there is a whole heck of a lot more coming!
Thanks to everyone who visits the site, rates videos, enjoys the show and especially to all you TopBlip artists out there!